Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday--Leg Day

I am beginning my new four day a week routine. Last summer, I was on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday routine, eating what I want, and resting as much as possible. While that worked quite well, it is time for me to step up my game. Particularly if I am going to perform my Amazon Medley for you all! So, I am back to basics, eating a Paelo diet comprised mostly of wild game, which includes bison, ostrich, venison and elk. I am lucky to have friends that are hunters, so one of my training partners is going to give me some elk and my favorite, oryx! Yay. Since I am American Indian, I am going to see what I can do to get on a hunt this year, hopefully before the winter. All of the wild game from my suppliers has sky rocketed, so what's a hungry Amazon to do? Send her tribe of men out, or go get it herself? Well, either way, it will get accomplished.

I met Branch Warren, Arnold Classic Champion, and Mr. Olympia runner up to Jay Cutler, at our local Max Muscle here in Albuquerque this past weekend. He told me he is a big time game hunter, and gets a bison every year up in Wyoming, and also hunts a lot of deer on his land in Texas. He pretty much diets on all wild game, which I found interesting. I find that if you do not provide your body with the most wholesome, wild food sources, your body will not really perform or look optimal, and you will not feel as good. The quality of protein/fat ratio of wild game literally blows the barn doors off of USDA cattle, which often is marbled with intramuscular fat, which, in my opinion, is the worst kind, because you can only cut the white part off that you see is fat. Now, every once in a while, I go out to a big name steak house franchise, but really only as a treat.

It was great to "chew the fat", literally and figuratively, with Branch at Texas Land and Cattle (which my filet was disgustingly marbled), as he talked about his early beginnings in his bodybuilding career. He won the Nationals in 2001 to get his pro card, and trains at the famous Metroflex in Arlington, Texas, where Ronnie Coleman trains. He told us some good stories about his travels before he headed off to the airport. All in all, I got the feeling, that Branch is a hard working guy, with an inspirational work ethic in his professional career and personal life. It is not surprising to see he leads the path of a true and honorable warrior, and I think it will not be long before he is crowned the kind of men's bodybuilding.

It was great to reunite with old comrades in the bodybuilding industry here in New Mexico. I remember my first show, back in 2003, where I won the Mid-USAs as a heavyweight, and I had no idea what a career changing event bodybuilding would have on my life! All the amazing people I have met, both fans and friends, and loyal supporters of Goddess of Fetish, which I am extremely grateful for.

The nice, long restful weekend, while meeting some inspirational people, fueled my workout for the day. I took a few weeks off from my normal routine to help a good friend of mine in San Diego, with some back surgery. After nearly a month off from training, I have not lost any strength, and I am highly motivated. Sometimes, after a layoff from training, you feel a little rusty. I did not allow any of these weak thoughts to permeate my mind, and kept a positive mental attitude before a very late night to start legs. I even used my training bands tonight. I put the green bands on and had four plates on each side. The bands actually help you "out of the hole", (the bottom) but, nonetheless, it was still good to take the weight on my meaty traps just to get used to the feeling. More video workout journals, I believe they are called "vlogs" now, to come this week! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment